Management and administration of NSX environments has its challenges. They include:
● Manual deployment of network topologies
● Static documentation to view/assess network configurations and relationships
● The need to keep a manual accounting of network configurations
This leads to:
● Prone to errors due to requirement of manual validation of configurations
● No true real-time visibility into SDN
● Requires third-party consulting services resulting in higher cost of deployment
● Time lost in manual entry for deployment and documentation
● Documentation process is error prone, and docs go out of date quickly
● NSX Engineers not free to solve more complex networking and configuration issues
● Limited adoption of NSX
Managing a NSX / SDN environment is a dynamic process - the tools that support the design, deployment, documentation, and management of such networks should be dynamic and automated as well.
cITopus automates and manages the lifecycle of NSX environments. A design, deployment, and management solution bringing powerful and transformational aspects of NSX in an intuitive, modern, and agile software suite. cITopus’ What You See Is What You Get (WYSIWYG) editor allows engineers to deploy network topologies using drag and drop widgets, dramatically reducing the risk of errors and reducing the time to deploy. The WYSIWYG editor builds live visual topology from an existing NSX environment and allows the engineers to perform changes to the topology visually. cITopus reduces the dependency on outside knowledge experts as the tool performs validations and deploys network topologies using VMware best practices.